We made gluten-free pizza last night to celebrate getting the stitches out! My right side is still tender, but it no longer has that pulling/pinching sensation of the stitches. Was able to sleep on my side with no discomfort last night! Yea! The surgeon said that I have been "above the norm" in all aspects of my recovery. I think he must do a lot of surgeries where peoples lungs are pretty bad anyway....whereas I have very healthy lungs and am healthy, in general. Just having this rogue tumor in there....which is now gone. So I have no cancer in my body at this time! Just had my eyes checked and my eyes are healthy, also. And you all know I have a healthy sense of humor.....so all is well, indeed.
I am resisting the urge to do a lot of investigating interferon treatment on the Internet, knowing that doing that just opens a big can of worms of dubious information. I am just making a list of questions for the oncologist.
To clarify, the treatment they are offering is a preventative measure. I have no cancer at this time that they would be targeting. I am cancer-free today.
So one of my decisions today is......should we take advantage of all the big-screen TV's on sale before the Super Bowl this Sunday and go buy one!?!?! Which leads to many decisions about choosing one and from which store...what will be do with the old one......do we have the right stand to hold the new one at the right height......can we fit it in our car......can we get it in the house.....do we have the right cables......blah..blah..blah. It may not happen. My capacity to do multiple tasks and critical thinking is not 100% yet. But I have won some games of Spider and Scrabble on the computer.......so I am definitely making progress. I remember the first day I tried Spider Solitaire and when the cards flipped out to start the game my mind just reeled....ti was so fast! And trying to scan the row of 7 cards to see plays seemed like I was looking at the Grand Canyon. Definitely doing better.
I have all the cards I have gotten set up on the piano....on every flat surface of the piano, and now spreading to the bench! I never, ever thought I would be getting so many - especially in this day of email. I am amazed at the wonderful lift it gives to my spirit to gaze at those cards throughout the day and feel all the good thoughts. I have not been very good at sending people cards, rationalizing that one more card or not won't make any difference. If I have learned anything in the past few weeks, it is that having tangible proof that people care about you is very powerful. I endeavor to be better at letting people know I care.
(Please do not take this as a guilt-trip to send cards.....all of the emails are equally as uplifting to me.....I have a separate folder for them and look through them periodically.)
I am looking forward to another great day of feeling stronger....in every way.
All will be well!
Get a Vizio LED HD. The bigger the better! We bought both of ours at Costco (you know we have TVs everywhere in our house!). But yes, the stand/mounting thing is an issue. I don't think Costco has stands in the store. I say go for it...not for the Superbowl but for women's basketball. ;-)
ReplyDelete