So this morning I got my euphonium (baritone) out of the case and had to work on the valves a few minutes to get them going again after a long layoff. I have been playing trombone exclusively for a couple years. I know I am not ready to be working the slide on the trombone, but thought it would be more fun for my inhales/exhales to be doing something productive...so started blowing the horn. I can do it! Made it through America and Beautiful. then I was so exhausted from working on the valves that I thought I shouldn't push it any more for the first time. I don't want to drop the horn if I get weak and short of breath!
But YEA .... more fun than just exhaling into that little tube with the ball in it they give you at the hospital!
So I am feeling good enough to want to be doing something but don't have the energy or endurance to actually do something! More "progess, not perfection" I guess.
Good job getting out the Euph! That should count as therapy for sure. Thanks for the Anne Lamott quote you shared, she is one of my favorite authors as well.
ReplyDeleteEuphonium as therapy--love it!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Sue, I just love your blog, thank you for making the effort and doing it. I was reading that part in an earlier blog about "being a hermit" and certainly can relate, and so am cheering you on for taking so much extra effort in your recovery for reaching out to everyone out here in well-wisher land and keeping us posted. Plaza goes on, the Hospital goes on...Mimi and I have been crazy busy. Nice to have some days off and read your fabulous blog. Sending lots of positive healing thoughts your way, always. ~Karyn
ReplyDeleteYou are so creative...and productive......recovery seems to be going well -that is so so wonderful!.....nap - it's not over rated....glad you are mending...bless you! Marilyn
ReplyDeleteBravo! ;-)
ReplyDeletesmiles for euph therapy!!
ReplyDeleteSue, Cindy and I are just back from DC and the first thing I looked for when I got to my computer was your Blog! You've come so far. Making music is the ULTIMATE therapy - physical and emotional - and I'm sure you know that. How many of us would retreat to our rooms and practice endlessly to "deal" with life as teenagers! I'm so glad you are doing well. Keep it up.
ReplyDelete