Though days of the week don't mean much anymore....
Saturday we went to a friends funeral at our former church, and I learned that 3 hours out of the house and an hour of standing in a large crowd visiting is too much! So a little Tylenol and a lot of couch time followed, but I did recover in a couple hours.
Sunday I drove to church. I have gotten so much support from our current church family ( and our former church family) that I felt it was important to get out let people see that I was pretty functional! The prayers and cards and calls from everyone have just been tremendous. Two of my Beloved's aged Aunts in Canada have called to see how I am progressing! So I was able to call each of them and let them hear that I am doing well. It was good to be at church and feel all the love in action that happens in such communities of faith.
I spent the afternoon on the couch - napping with an eye on the college women's basketball games - and was able to get out to an evening gathering of like-minded friends that I have known since I moved to Seattle. And that was good. Last week I was driven to the meeting and this week I was able to drive myself.
And today I took a shower and ate breakfast and didn't have to rest afterwards! So, small victories.
I think this week I will need to start to actually "do" some tasks, like preparing for taxes..... finishing my CEU's to maintain my social work license.
And I stepped on the bathroom scale today. Yikes! I guess eating whenever I am awake needs to stop! I am not burning up many calories yet, so all the snacking needs to drop off the plan. Balance in all things, eh?
Today I get my blood tested to see if it is up to the desired level of anti-coagulation yet. Tomorrow (Tues.) I get my eyes checked. I missed my appointment was in the hospital, so it is great that an appointment opened up so soon.
Wednesday is when I meet with the surgeon. Hopefully, to have some answers about the nature of the tumor. I also am looking forward to getting the stitches out from the site where the chest tube drain was. The large incision from the surgery that had internal stitches and super-glued shut on the outside has healed well. My right side area is still rather tender, but I have not needed regular Tylenol for several days now.
Now I think it is time to go play my euphonium. I took a couple days off from it like I did from blogging. Just needed a break.
I will update after my meeting with the doctor on Wednesday.....but it is an afternoon appointment, so don't expect any news until evening for those of you in the Midwest.
No comments:
Post a Comment