Monday, January 7, 2013
Surgery Tuesday....WooWoo
2PM . Yes, I am relieved to have it scheduled and will be even more relieved to have it over with, but tonight....I am getting a little wound up. Sort of like when I am packing before taking a flight somewhere. Anxious anticipation.
The surgery is a big deal, but I am trying to keep it just a "right-sized" deal. I am scurrying around putting Christmas decorations back down in the crawlspace; gathering phone numbers for my Beloved to notify after the successful surgery. Getting a haircut at 8PM! My scheduled appointment is for this Thursday, so that won't work. I am looking as shaggy as the actor Jeff Bridges in most of his roles.....so I called and asked for any opening they had with any stylist.....thus the 8PM time. ZZzzzzz.
I really am keeping focused on what is right in front of me. Letting the prayers and concerns expressed by all you folks that are connected to me in so many different ways wrap around me and keep me safe. And thanks for including my Beloved in your prayers.
I have no idea what the recovery challenges will be and try to keep my mind from trying to figure it out ahead of time. I know it will involve breathing ....... and will work up to other things from there. I figure getting back to playing one of my horns as quick as possible will be great breathing therapy.
No brilliant insights.....just going forward with faith. But it is nice knowing you all are rooting for me (and the surgeon). A warm thank you to all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment