Driving 2 miles to meet up with friends.....then a nap....then out to a restaurant for an early dinner! Woo Woo. which, of course, meant stopping by our favorite maker of fine chocolates for a little bag of nibbles!
Playing my euphonium every day is being a great way to get my lungs going better and is wonderful for my spirit also. I have been away from the euph. playing trombone the past couple years....which is great....but I have played the euphonium for 50 yrs. It is my heart and soul. So getting back to playing some of the beautiful euphonium repertoire is being a real pick-me-up! As a fellow musician pointed out, practicing has often been a way of coping with life - especially as a teenager. It still is a balm for whatever is ailing me. Love it!
Now I will take it easy the rest of the evening......aahhhh! Grey's Anatomy night!
It's WONDERFUL to hear you feeling better and enjoying life! So thankful you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteBig hug,
Janlee
Music heals more than just the soul, it seems!
ReplyDeleteDriving - yea! And I know what you mean about just playing your euph. Even if it is just practicing by yourself its good for the soul. And I have to say that while I like the trombone, the euphonium is one of the most beautiful sounding instruments (next the french horn, of course!). Keep on keepin' on!
ReplyDelete