Just home from the oncologist appointment.....
No interferon treatment!!!!! Yea! He agrees with my thinking that a year of feeling lousy during treatment with a negligible increase in life expectancy does not make sense. We dealt with the cancer by removing it, so there is nothing to treat. I will be getting regular scans of varying types to identify any potential new cancers...... so they will keep a close eye on things.
This doc did want me to have an MRI of my head and neck to make sure there were no stray cancer cells in the brain or lymph nodes in the neck, since those are not easily detected by the PET scan I had before. That will be happening this Friday, and then I meet with the oncologist again the following Tues. He said that if there is something abnormal in the lymph nodes in the neck they will do a little surgery to remove them. I am very pleased he is doing more diagnostics to rule out any other problem areas.
All will be well.
I am tired. Enough excitement for today. We are doing our happy dance!
Happy Happy Dance!!!!!!!! this is good news, very good news....I will dance for you...so you can rest..and recover! Take Care....Marilyn
ReplyDeleteExcellent news!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! Love good news!
ReplyDelete