Thursday, February 21, 2013

Life is busy again..and some more great news!

Sorry it has been so long since my last post.  I think I was just enjoying the fact that I didn't have any more MD appointments or scans or waiting for results!  And there was Valentine's Day in there, also!  And my Dad's 91st birthday, and my folks 66th Anniversary!  Whew!

I have been attempting to ramp up my daily activities to prepare for returning to the work force.  And then there have been lots of talking and preparations being discussed about our upcoming WEDDING!  Yes, wedding!
We were not planning on having a big wedding until this cancer stuff came up.  We were maybe going to be part of a group wedding at our church, or just go down to the courthouse.  But the cancer made us want to have a big "do" of our own and walk down the aisle of our church surrounded by family and friends, and celebrate our 22 years of loving each other already.  So May 18th is the date.  
I was finding myself getting all anxious the other day as I was on errands and thinking to myself, "I am more stressed about all the details for the wedding than I was for the surgery!"  That was a sad realization.  So we are determined to keep things simple, and we are not agonizing about any decisions.  We talk about 3 options for anything and make a decision!  We are going boldly forward!  I will be writing more about the wedding plans, I am sure.

I had a small epiphany this morning while I was stretching after my workout.  Nothing was sore during the stretching, and I was exhilarated after doing 3 miles on the elliptical, and I had the thought that my body feels like mine again.  I feel like myself.  After the surgery, I was guarding my right side a lot. First, because of the pain, and then protecting it from other people as they would want to hug me and pat me on the back.  And I was very focused on my breathing, assessing how I was doing, and trying to heal fast.  All about some foreign thing that was being forced upon me....a foreign land of "convalescence".  Now it feels like I am back to my regular life.  And I like it!

I must say that setting my alarm clock to 5:30 AM is disgusting after all these weeks of just waking up when my body was ready to awaken!  But I am prepping myself so that returning to work won't be quite so traumatic if I am used to being up and moving at that hour.

All for now, my friends.  I will write again before starting work on the 27th, but then you probably won't hear from me for several days or so.  All is well.



2 comments:

  1. Congrats Sue! So glad to hear you are cancer free and healing. Looking forward to having you back at SWOJO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your writings..thanks for keeping up posted on all that is your wonderful life!!

    ReplyDelete