Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Back to real life

Well, now I will see just how recovered I am with starting back to work tomorrow.  I plan on taking a couple 10 minute "power naps" during the day.  I am good at those.  
Whenever my brain starts throwing out random thoughts of how hard it is going to be, I quiet the chatter with other thoughts, such as  "Let's just wait and see, OK?"  "All will be well."  "I can only do what I can do in a day."  So I am going into the week with a positive attitude, in spite of my brain chatter.  I am packing a good lunch........and a little pillow.

Let me tell you about my wonderful day yesterday.
I had several errands to run, one of which was getting my car ready for work - getting gas and a car wash.  Got my new glasses re-adjusted.  Headed to the store that carries my favorite breakfast accompaniment .. frozen mango chunks to put on my cereal.  They have been out of them for a week.  I always get 4-5 bags at a time, and I was down to my last half bag and getting nervous.  THEY HAD IT!  Yea.  And as I exited the store I heard some music from around the other side of the building....it was an accordion   I have seen a young accordion player there before a few times, but had not seen him for awhile.  He puts his case on the sidewalk and plays for tips. As I turned around to go seek him out I could hear the music clearer and he was playing my favorite song....."Somewhere Over the Rainbow".....on accordion!  You had to be there!  The arrangement he was playing was glorious!  I stood there the whole time with a huge grin on my face.  And there was sunshine instead of rain!  It made my day! 

So I have gotten most of the tasks on my "must-do-before-Wed." list done, and made a bit dent in some of the larger looming projects.  I have read 8 books, with one of them being a 750 page tome on Frank Sinatra!  I have almost gotten my email Inbox tamed down to a manageable size.  

We had our second meeting with our pastor about the wedding....getting the order of service pinned down and clarifying language.  It is clear that I need to get going on the invitations on my next week off.  One thing at a time -  it all will get done.

Ready to relax tonight and start the next chapter tomorrow........
And again, my gratitude to you all for the good thoughts and wishes!


2 comments:

  1. Loved your "day in the life of...."..and I could clearly see your smile as you listened to the music...made my day! All will be well...one day at a time...OOM...Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great first day back...you are right. One day, one hour, one minute at a time you will walk through your day. I have missed seeing you and Beth - have had a monster cold and taking good care of myself - and others by staying away :) But I am on the mend. Good self-care today!!!!

    ReplyDelete